Developing Outreach and Discipleship Programs
Church Rater Survey
1. What church did you visit? –Pittsburgh City Outreach
2. What city or town is this Church located? - Pittsburgh
3. What date and service did you attend? – March 5th – Friday night service
4. How would you rate this church? (1 being the lowest and 5 the highest) – 4 – Different setting of worship – excellent speaker
a. Please provide ratings based on your own experience. Yes, I realize this is subjective and your '1' might be someone else's '5'. That's ok. It's your rating and I really want your opinion.
5. Was the building easy to find? - yes – it is kind of in a secluded area, but there is a large sign for it
6. If you drove, was it hard to find parking? - no
7. How about the exterior or interior signage? What would you do differently? – there was not too much that could be changed because of the location
Before the Service
8. Did anyone approach you and speak to you before the service got underway? – yes, several people
9. If so, how did you feel about that? – they were all extremely friendly
10. Can you share their name(s)? – Keith, Kathy
11. Did you know them before your visit? – I knew Kathy
12. As you observe the people "doing their church thing," what goes through your mind? – mostly I noticed people who were there to experience God
13. Are you able to understand why they do what they do? - yes
14. Do they seem sincere? - yes
15. What do you think about the overall presentation of the service (the liturgy or the program)? – Pretty good…although it did start later than scheduled
Bulletin – there was no bulletin as far as I remember
16. Is there anything in the church bulletin you find confusing or offensive?
17. If this were you "business" how would you improve this communication piece?
18. Does this church look kid-friendly? Please explain. – from what I saw it did
19. Did you bring any children with you to the service? - no
20. If so, ask them about their experience. What did they tell you?
21. How would you describe the music? – gospel-like
22. Did you enjoy any of it? - yes
23. Was it boring? - no
24. Write down the feelings you had while watching or participating. - I was really able to enter into worship
25. What did you think of the prayers? – honest and genuine
26. As you listened to the prayers, what did you learn about the people, either good or bad? - all their hearts seemed genuine
27. Did the speaker or pastor seem likeable? – guest speaker - yes
28. Is she/he a person you'd enjoy having coffee with? If not, why not? – yes – he seemed like someone I would love to talk to
29. Did she/he seem engaged/sincere/condescending? - very engaging and sincere
30. The Speaker Was... (Mark all that apply)
a. Enjoyable - check
c. Thought-provoking - check
e. Relevant - check
g. Energetic - check
h. Credible - check
k. Upbeat - check
31. What was the big idea of the message? – to take on the image of Christ
32. What action did the speaker want you to take as a response?
33. Did the talk itself hold your attention? - yes
34. Did any part(s) of it particularly stand out to you in a positive or negative way? – some of his sayings became a little repetitive
35. What is one thing the speaker could do that would improve his/her presentation? - I don’t think there is anything I could recommend
36. Did anyone approach you and speak to you after the service ended? - no
37. If so, how did you feel about that?
38. Can you share their name(s)?
39. Did you know them before visiting?
40. How was your experience at the church overall? – very positive
41. Did you enjoy it? - yes
42. Would there be any point in you going there again? - yes
43. If this church expects to attract people like yourself, what do you suggest they improve that you haven't already mentioned? – I think a bulletin would be very beneficial – other than that I’m not sure what else they do
44. Do you have any other comments you want to share?